When you see an ant in your home, there is a tiny chance that the ant you are witnessing is not alone. A general rule in pest control is that if you see an ant, you probably have an ant infestation, since they are social creatures. Ants live in small groups or colonies, and there is a high chance that their nest is somewhere in your home.
Ant Pest Control: How Do Ants Get Into My Home?
Knowing where ant colonies are is key to outdoor ant control and ant control in house. They are pesky creatures that can find various ways into your home. It would be best if you didn’t kill ants until you discover their origin. A few ways that ants can make a way into your home are:
1. Through Windows and Doors
One of the most common ways ants enter your home is through windows and doors. You do not have to leave them open, as there is always a gap for an ant to sneak in.
2. Through Flooring
Ants can quickly establish a route underneath the hardwood floors, tiles, or your carpet. If you see them vanish under the flooring as you follow them, there is probably an ant colony.
3. Through Gaps in the Foundation
Since ants are tiny, any gap in your foundation can be a potential entrance. If ants live in the foundation, as their colony spreads, they can cause a lot of damage to your home—especially if you are dealing with carpenter ants.
4. Through Cracks in Walls
Cracks are an excellent way for house ants to sneak into your home searching for food. Since cracks can be anywhere in the home, pest control is advised if you see them getting into a crack.
5. They are Carried Inside
Of course, there is also a chance that you accidentally carry an ant inside with you, as they can easily hitch a ride on various items. If this is the case, the ant you see will look quite disoriented.
How Do I Get Rid of Ants in My Home?
Acting fast is crucial when it comes to getting rid of ants. No matter if you are dealing with common ants, argentine ants, yellow crazy ants, carpenter ants, or any other ant species, an ant pest control home remedy or certain ant pest control products might just do the trick:
- Create ant bait stations. While traps do not work on all ants, it is generally considered a good ant killer. You can find ant bait at most bigger stores.
- Use ant pest control spray. Presumably by this point, you’ve found where ants are coming from. Using a bug spray on their colony is an efficient way to eliminate ants.
- Hire a team of pest control professionals. The best ant treatment is immediately hiring someone with previous ant control experience, especially if you see a carpenter ant in your home.
What Should I Do to Prevent Ants From Returning?
After getting rid of an infestation, you should immediately consider ant prevention. To prevent an ant problem in the future, follow these tips:
- Clean up food spills immediately.
- Store fruit in containers.
- Clean trash cans often.
- Keep your pet’s food bowls clean.
- Seal cracks and crevices in your home.
- Consider rocks or stones instead of mulch around your house.
Hire an Ant Exterminator for the Most Efficient Ant Pest Control
If you cannot solve bed bugs or ant infestations, the best solution is to hire professionals from Prevent Pest Control. Our team of experts will easily control treatment with years of insect and pest management experience. Contact us today to get started!